Alberta cancer statistics
- This year, nearly 16,000 people will be diagnosed with cancer
- More than 6,000 people will die of cancer this year
- Nearly one in two Albertans will develop cancer in their lifetime
- One in four Albertans will die of cancer
- The four most common cancers in Alberta are breast, prostate, lung and colorectal cancers, accounting for 54 per cent of diagnoses and 51 per cent of cancer deaths.
“I understand the complexity of
the disease, the funding necessary to advance research and just how it affects