Building Excellence Program
Marlene Mysak Oncology Staff Education Bursary
2016 APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED
- Applications will be accepted until 25 Aug 2016.
About the Bursary
As the former Senior Leader of Clinical Services and Nursing Practice at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary, Marlene Mysak recognizes the value of staff development to ensure excellence in care and enhanced patient experience for all cancer patients and their families. Through her generosity, the Marlene Mysak Oncology Staff Education Bursary was established as part of the Alberta Cancer Foundation’s Building Excellence Program. This Program provides annual grants in support of professional development and educational opportunities related to enhancing patient care at cancer centres throughout Alberta for staff working with cancer patients and their families.
The Marlene Mysak Oncology Staff Education Bursary is available to all Alberta Health Services employees who currently work directly or indirectly with cancer patients and their families and who are based at either the Tom Baker Cancer Centre or Holy Cross Hospital site. Each year, the focus of the Award is aligned with one or more strategic priorities of the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. For 2015, applications are invited from staff members including administrative support staff, who wish to attend approved conferences, workshops or other educational opportunities focusing in the area of ‘Improving the Patient Experience’.
The recipient of the Marlene Mysak Oncology Staff Education Bursary is eligible for financial assistance up to a maximum of $775 and will be chosen by a selection committee made up of representatives from the relevant areas for the application theme.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation Building Excellence Program is supported by an endowment fund established by the Foundation to provide a series of educational grants, bursaries and awards for cancer research and healthcare staff. The Alberta Cancer Foundation will continue to accept donations in support of this and other awards and bursaries.
Previous Bursary Recipients are:
- Mrs. Jessica Dollard- Calgary Cancer Project- Tom Baker Cancer Centre - Masters of Arts in Leadership
- Amanda L. Jacques, Tom Baker Cancer Centre - to attend Kukuna o Kala - Radiation Therapy Conference
- Ceilidh Kinlin, Lymphodema & Rehab Program at TBCC – for Kinesio Taping in Canada course seminar
- Lori Radke, Clinical Coordinator, Rehab & Lymphedema Program (Holy Cross) to attend 10th National Lymphedema Network International Conference
- Shane Sinclair, Spiritual Care Coordinator (TBCC) to attend Science of Compassion Conference
- Diane Jahraus, Radiation Oncology (TBCC) to attend CANO Conference
Please reference the Terms and Conditions for Program Investments documents for complete terms and conditions for all Alberta Cancer Foundation investments