Trainee Travel Award: 2013 Canadian Cancer Research Conference
In support of cancer research excellence and our ongoing commitment to trainee programs, the Alberta Cancer Foundation works collaboratively with our strategic partners to attract and support the “best and brightest” cancer researchers.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is pleased to offer travel awards (up to $2,000) to eligible Alberta Cancer Foundation-funded cancer research trainees – graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and clinical fellows – who will be presenting a paper or poster as first author at the 2013 Canadian Cancer Research Conference (November 3-6) in Toronto, Ontario.
Complete the Alberta Cancer Foundation Trainee Travel Award – 2013 Canadian Cancer Research Conference Application Form by August 23, 2013 (or upon confirmation of acceptance from Canadian Cancer Research Conference).
For further information, please contact the Alberta Cancer Foundation by email at email@example.com or phone (403) 476-2423.
Graduate Studentship Awards
Cancer Research Fellowship Awards (Postdoctoral & Clinical)
Competition Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2013 at 4 PM MDT
This competition is now closed.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation supports cancer research excellence in this province and is committed to ensuring donor dollars deliver the impact that meets their expectations. The Alberta Cancer Foundation must also ensure the investments that we make have a transformational impact on the things that are important to Albertans—earlier detection of cancer, better treatments, better survival rates and better quality of life.
Our focused approach to research investment will be increasingly driven by the potential for better patient outcomes, high clinical impact and scientific quality.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is pleased to offer the 2013 Alberta Cancer Foundation Graduate Studentship Awards and the 2013 Alberta Cancer Foundation Cancer Research Fellowship Awards (Postdoctoral and Clinical) for exceptional students interested in medical or health research related to cancer. Graduate Studentships and Cancer Research Fellowships are available across the cancer control continuum which includes etiology, prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment, health services and palliation.
As part of this announcement, we will be offering the following named awards:
- Dr. Cyril M. Kay Graduate Studentship Award to the top ranked application in the above Graduate Studentship Award competition. This award will be supplemented by a $1,500 research allowance.
- Dr. Anthony Fields Clinical Fellowship Award for the top ranked application from a clinical fellow.
- Dr. Mervin Laskin Fellowship will be offered to a top ranking application from a radiation oncology resident at the Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton. This Fellowship is offered on a rotating basis with the Bures T. Laskin Fellowship and Dr. Michael J Hutchison Fellowship.
- Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award will provide a $5,000 research allowance to a top ranking fellow in cancer research. (Suncor Energy is the proud owner of Petro-Canada)
- Fred C. Coles Cancer Research Fellowship Award will be offered to the top ranking fellow who will be carrying out research related to cancer at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre and/or Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute at the University of Calgary.
For additional information, please contact Program Investment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
Supporting research that has a transformational impact is the primary way the Alberta Cancer Foundation delivers on its promise of progress to donors.
Over five years, the Alberta Cancer Foundation invested nearly $110 million to ensure progress toward a cancer-free future. As the largest single funder of cancer research in Alberta, we invest more than an average $15 million a year to support world-class cancer researchers.