The 2014 Sport Chek Pink Cup Charity Classic will be held at the Bearspaw Country Club on Monday, July 28. Our goal is to raise $100,000 for the Alberta Cancer Foundation— with your help and generosity, we can do it.
Like many other spouses before me, my life was turned inside-out and upside-down when my wife, Jenn, was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. Little did I know that a barely detectable tumour would spread cancer like a 3-inch fire hose. Jenn was full of cancer, including lymph, liver, lungs, bones, and eventually her brain.
Jenn is currently on daily chemotherapy and is facing possible brain surgery. When people ask, “How is Jenn doing?” I tell them she is LIVING WITH cancer.
Our tournament’s winning formula:
- The full backing of Sport Chek as our Title Sponsor
- Awesome swag bags, individual and team prizes
- A golfer’s brunch and full gourmet dinner
- Hospitality tents, on-course BBQs and libations
- A fundraising model that encourages golfers and other individuals, including companies, to make online donations to the participating teams
Additionally, in the spirit of being a true community event, the tournament will sponsor two teams of nurses from the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. This is a small thank-you for all the compassionate care they provide to patients faced with cancer.
We cannot let hope be the only means of finding a cure. Please support the 2014 Sport Chek Pink Cup Charity Classic and help us reach our $100,000 goal. We’re all in this together, and together we can make a difference.
Pat Murray Tournament Chair
For more information please visit: http://www.pinkcup.ca