Investing in People
The Alberta Cancer Foundation makes investments that have a transformational impact on the things that matter to Albertans -earlier detection of cancer, better treatments, better survival rates and better quality of life. We seek to invest in excellence and are committed to ensuring donors' dollars make an impact.
Building Excellence Programs
The Alberta Cancer Foundation’s Building Excellence Program provides annual funding to support professional development and educational opportunities for Alberta Health Services healthcare professionals in the area of cancer care with the intent of enhancing the patient experience to world class levels at the cancer centres throughout Alberta.
2015 Alberta Cancer Foundation Glenn Sundstrom Award
Working in partnership with CancerControl Alberta, the Alberta Cancer Foundation’s Glenn Sundstrom Award is a way for employees to honour the accomplishments of the people they work with on a daily basis and also an opportunity to formally recognize outstanding people or team. The Alberta Cancer Foundation is delighted to announce the recipients of the awards:
- LEADERSHIP - Dr. Paula Robson: in recognition of excellent leadership
- TEAMWORK - Cross Cancer Code Blue Team: in recognition of the ability to achieve excellence results through a demonstrated spirit of cooperation.
- PATIENT SERVICE - Tom Baker Cancer Centre Care Team: In recognition of exceptional attention to patients and their families
We would like to congratulate all of the recipients of this award and thank them for the dedication and excellence in their work.
2016 APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED
Alberta Cancer Foundation Training Programs
The Alberta Cancer Foundation’s Training Awards provide financial support for exceptional students interested in medical or health research related to cancer research that has the potential for better patient outcomes, high clinical impact and scientific quality.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation has enabled the establishment of 13 endowed chairs and their related programs to enhance cancer research in our province. Funding for these chairs, made possible through our generous donors has allowed the province to attract and retain the best talent while also attracting investment and funding from outside the province now in and in the future.
- Alberta Cancer Foundation Chair in Brain Tumour Research - Dr. Gregory Cairncross
- Alberta Cancer Foundation Chair in Palliative Care Medicine - Dr. Vickie Baracos
- Allard Research Chair in Experimental Oncology - Dr. Jack Tuszynski
- Dianne & Irving Kipnes Chair in Radiopharmaceutical Sciences - Dr. Frank Wuest
- Dr. Murray E. Mickleborough Research Chair in Interfacial Biomechanics - Recruiting
- Enbridge Research Chair in Psychosocial Oncology - Dr. Linda Carlson
- Engineered Air Chair in Cancer Research - Dr. Susan .P. Lees-Miller
- Frank and Carla Sojonky Chair in Prostate Cancer Research - Dr. John Lewis
- Kids Cancer Care Foundation Chair in Pediatric Oncology - Dr. Doug Strother/Dr. Stephen Robbins
- Lance Armstrong Chair in Molecular Cancer Epidemiology - Dr. Hans Vogel
- Mary Johnston Chair in Melanoma Research - Dr. Alan Underhill
- Sawin-Baldwin Chair in Ovarian Cancer - Dr. Lynne Postovit
- Weekend to End Women's Cancers Chair in Breast Cancer - Dr. Christine Friedenreich